The PDP Bill proposes that the processing of personal data must comply with seven principles for processing, namely:
• processing of personal data has to be fair and reasonable;
• it should be for a specific purpose;
• only personal data necessary for the purpose should be collected;
• it should be lawful;
• adequate notice of the processing should be provided to the individual;
• personal data processed should be complete, accurate and not mis-leading; and
• personal data can be stored only as long as reasonably necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it is processed.